5.9 kenne bell intercool

I wonder if there is enough room in the jeep , i found this is a picture online of a durango shelby sp360 that has been modified with a intercooler , I think i will eventually be doing the same , just have to find the right welder to do it,
    d0772u-960.jpg
    98 GRAND CHEROKEE 5.9 , "junkyard land" until the next one

This is how on a Vortec
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

SCT Tuning Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dcgear360 View Post
    I wonder if there is enough room in the jeep , i found this is a picture online of a durango shelby sp360 that has been modified with a intercooler , I think i will eventually be doing the same , just have to find the right welder to do it,
    d0772u-960.jpg
    The problem with intercooling the KB is that you are masking the problem. KB greatly underestimated the importance of inlet cross sectional area on these kits. To see whatever potential the kit has, modification of the inlet as well as using the BIGGEST throttle body (i.e. KB 58mm or higher flowing 4bbl TB) is required. Even with those, the KB is maxed out around 400whp. Beyond that and adding intercooling, the only other solution is upgrading to the Zcode Performance kit, which should be available for the Jeeps at some point in the future. The compressor is not the issue on these, but the kits surrounding the compressor instead. My .02
    Always outmanned...Never outgunned

I think the way that is pictured there would be clearance issues with the cowl, since the unit itself requires the cowl to be modded a bit in order to fit. Maybe if it was off the front of the unit...but that might put it up too high for the hood.
    04 WJ 4.7ho Ltd
    98 ZJ 5.2 Ltd