Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    I'm guessing these are what you got
    http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-BC.../dp/B00407X9Z2

Yup! Sorry, I had a link but forgot to paste it. I talked to a guy on the Niner Facebook group who used the Platinum color of this for his bumpers and liked the outcome. Figured it couldn't come out too bad, if I prep well enough, and since I'll be repainting the entire vehicle a flat/matte black next year.
    Don't stop for nothing, it's full speed or nothing

Derek - Facebook
    5.9 - Monstaliner bed liner (black) on exterior - 3'' Kolak exhaust - SCT Tuner - Stock rubber cup holder - K&N 4'' filter with Spectre hat - 52mm Holley TB - 4 JBL coax speakers/dual 12s - Custom retrofitted projectors - ZJ Build Thread
    92 XJ - 7'' lift, SeriousOffroad long arms, Bilstein 5100s, 33x12.50s Kumho MTs, and many more parts and dents. - XJ Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNiner View Post
    I'll be repainting the entire vehicle a flat/matte black next year.
    Noooooooo not a white niner

I've just always had black vehicles. Maybe the white will grow on me lol.

Derek - Facebook
    5.9 - Monstaliner bed liner (black) on exterior - 3'' Kolak exhaust - SCT Tuner - Stock rubber cup holder - K&N 4'' filter with Spectre hat - 52mm Holley TB - 4 JBL coax speakers/dual 12s - Custom retrofitted projectors - ZJ Build Thread
    92 XJ - 7'' lift, SeriousOffroad long arms, Bilstein 5100s, 33x12.50s Kumho MTs, and many more parts and dents. - XJ Build Thread

Some black wheels and accents may have you very surprised.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Yeah. I'm looking forward to that. I'm thinking of getting a black headlights housing, with maybe a little bit of reflector in it, but with white shrouds. And possibly black mesh on the grille.

Edit:

I want to keep my front markers clear, so I think to fit in, I might get these housings, and paint my shroud black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/93-98-JEEP-G...e1d886&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by CaptainNiner; 11-12-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Derek - Facebook

Just ordered the 3'' exhaust kit from Kolak with the Flowmaster 50 and a tip for $381 shipped! Paint is coming in today too and I'll be addressing the cosmetic stuff this weekend.

Derek - Facebook

Spent my Sunday painting the bumpers. They came out quite nice actually. I'll be putting them on tomorrow or so.

The only other painting I've done was for my Cherokee trail rig, and that was just suspension stuff. Nothing like this. Put like 3 coats of clear coat on. Might get a heavier duty one tomorrow and go over once more..

Derek - Facebook

Looks good man

Thanks man. It ain't perfect, but nothing I do is haha. It's enough to fit in better than the previous black ones. Once I address the rust patches next weekend, I'll probably tint the tails and black the rims.

Derek - Facebook

Thanks man. It ain't perfect, but nothing I do is haha. It's enough to fit in better than the previous black ones. Once I address the rust patches next weekend, I'll probably tint the tails and black the rims.
    I need to redo my tails , I wanna go darker

Yeah. I had tinted tails on my XJ. They were dark, but still lite enough to barely see the colored plastic. Looked sick though.

Derek - Facebook

Yup! Sorry, I had a link but forgot to paste it. I talked to a guy on the Niner Facebook group who used the Platinum color of this for his bumpers and liked the outcome. Figured it couldn't come out too bad, if I prep well enough, and since I'll be repainting the entire vehicle a flat/matte black next year.
    That guy was me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw bumpers look good.
    currently jeepless.

You work for the mafia of something? Awful lot of quick crete there...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 9859limited View Post
    That guy was me lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw bumpers look good.

Aye! You were the one that sold me on this route. And thanks! I feel like they came out quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
    You work for the mafia of something? Awful lot of quick crete there...
    Hah! Nah, I have access to the roof of the building I live in, so I painted up there. And the building is going through a construction phase.

----

Here they are on!

Last edited by CaptainNiner; 11-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Derek - Facebook

Looks Damn good.
    currently jeepless.

Thanks! I'm surprised at how nice it came out.

Derek - Facebook

So not sure how.. or why, but I checked my oil today (for the first time), and it was extremely low. There was barely anything on the stick. Checked on a cold and warm engine. Bought 5 quarts, added maybe half or so, started it up, waited, checked and it's a bit under "safe" now. Wow.. I think I'll be doing a full tune up sooner than I planned.

Derek - Facebook

Pointless to check oil on a cold motor

- - - Updated - - -

Oil change is always the first thing I do when I get a new vehicle you never know when the previous person did it last and also let's you know if you got shavings and such inside your engine

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    Pointless to check oil on a cold motor
    Um.....
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Well let me rephrase that lol I was raised on check it about 30 mins or more after its been running or basically until the oil goes back down the motor from the top end
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 11-20-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Well I checked it on both. After working, parked on the street in 40 degree weather, then when I got home 15 minutes later. Poured the oil it, ran the engine, waited, then checked and it's good now. I just can't believe it was that low.. Well the vehicle is in my hands now, so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll be checking for leaks all throughout tomorrow. Although it's worth mentioning that when I first got the vehicle, it was parked in the same spot for a week, where I park now. And there's no puddle or leaks.

Derek - Facebook

I'll be addressing the rust spots this weekend, then after that I'll tint the tails and black the rims.
    What are your thoughts on tinting the front turn markers?

Derek - Facebook

My Daily Speeder.. I mean Driver.

I'll be addressing the rust spots this weekend, then after that I'll tint the tails and black the rims.
    What are your thoughts on tinting the front turn markers?
    Sounds like a solid plan to me... I always thought amber lights were off putting.

My turn and tails are tinted on my black XJ, but I don't know how it'd look on white. I might paint my projector shrouds black to kinda accent that too.

Derek - Facebook

So I'll be buying my headlights soon. Still can't decide what to do..

Black headlight housings, with stone white shrouds, and tinted turn/markers.
    Chrome-looking housings, with black shrouds, and clear turn/markers

What would look best?

Derek - Facebook