Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNiner View Post
    Since we were discussing color combinations earlier and I have to get new tires soon.. I was thinking of getting all new calipers since I've been told the stock brakes aren't very good. I was thinking of either painting the calipers red or white. Behind a black rim, on a white vehicle.

Thoughts?
    I like it. Those colors play nice together. At least I thought they did on my bike.

Black and red on my old WJ.

And grey and red on the ZJ.

Red

Red calipers are played out , be different!

Yeah I just feel everyone does red. Except my friend who made his yellow to match his Camaro. I think it'd look pretty sick.. White body, blacked rims, grille, taillights, with white calipers. And if I don't like the white, I'm sure it'll make a good base for red! haha

I planned on researching calipers/pads closer to when I'm going to buy, but do you guys have any recommendations? Nothing crazy expensive like some stuff I've seen.. Just something better than OEM.

Cheers
    Don't stop for nothing, it's full speed or nothing

Derek - Facebook
    5.9 - Monstaliner bed liner (black) on exterior - 3'' Kolak exhaust - SCT Tuner - Stock rubber cup holder - K&N 4'' filter with Spectre hat - 52mm Holley TB - 4 JBL coax speakers/dual 12s - Custom retrofitted projectors - ZJ Build Thread
    92 XJ - 7'' lift, SeriousOffroad long arms, Bilstein 5100s, 33x12.50s Kumho MTs, and many more parts and dents. - XJ Build Thread

Steve Jobs Residential Teabagger Redsand's Avatar
    Teal
    -Chris-

I have a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
    Teal
    X2 do it! Real man status

Puce! or Peuce, or Puse, whatever.

I'd go with white. Keep the exterior to two colors.

Or another way - pick a "detail color" you're going to use throughout your build - engine compartment, some suspension stuff etc. maybe even carry it over into the interior. If you do that it would make more sense to have that as a caliper color too.

For good examples of that, see Richie/scjeep4.7HO, Logan/McCloudsZJ (that guy ^ ) Eddie/MonaDeRio, and probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.

and even my 93.... someday

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Puce! or Peuce, or Puse, whatever.

I'd go with white. Keep the exterior to two colors.

Or another way - pick a "detail color" you're going to use throughout your build - engine compartment, some suspension stuff etc. maybe even carry it over into the interior. If you do that it would make more sense to have that as a caliper color too.

For good examples of that, see Richie/scjeep4.7HO, Logan/McCloudsZJ (that guy ^ ) Eddie/MonaDeRio, and probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.

and even my 93.... someday

That's what I did with my black XJ. Long arms, shackles, snorkel grill, coils were red. Looks nice, IMO.

I think I'm going to go with white. It'll be different.

And since this is the project thread, I'll say that I should be getting the vehicle registered this weekend. Then I get paid next week and I'm thinking the exhaust and touch up paint to fix the exterior. Then projectors, then audio! haha

Derek - Facebook
    5.9 - Monstaliner bed liner (black) on exterior - 3'' Kolak exhaust - SCT Tuner - Stock rubber cup holder - K&N 4'' filter with Spectre hat - 52mm Holley TB - 4 JBL coax speakers/dual 12s - Custom retrofitted projectors - ZJ Build Thread
    92 XJ - 7'' lift, SeriousOffroad long arms, Bilstein 5100s, 33x12.50s Kumho MTs, and many more parts and dents. - XJ Build Thread

White was gonna be my color , I was trying the think of something different so no red or blue silver etc..(nothing against those themes cause they look good when attention to detail is involved like Logans ,Z's and Kevin's and others) , I still might idk yet I planned on doing all black exterior with white calipers valve cover and a lot of engine components and maybe some suspension parts , you should do white calipers so I can see if I like em before I do it
    I also considered Plum Crazy, Sublime/Lime Light Sassy Grass Green, and Vitamin "C" Orange to be true to Mopar , but those true PPG paints are not cheap and don't come in a spray can that I know of .., also post some moar pics when u get a chance
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 11-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.

I have some interior pictures but it's just a clean interior lol nothing special. I get paid every weeks, so the big purchases will happen then. I might also look into LED bulbs for the dome lights and footwells next week too. Really like that look.

Derek - Facebook

LMK if you need help on the projectors. IMO, if you're going for a custom look, I would black out the housings, do a white shroud, and do red devil eyes (LEDs that light up the lens when the headlights are off). I didn't want to go nuts with mine because I'm trying to keep the OEM look, but will be doing it soon to my buddy's Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxD View Post
    LMK if you need help on the projectors. IMO, if you're going for a custom look, I would black out the housings, do a white shroud, and do red devil eyes (LEDs that light up the lens when the headlights are off). I didn't want to go nuts with mine because I'm trying to keep the OEM look, but will be doing it soon to my buddy's Tahoe.

I thought about black housings, and I thought about white shrouds. But not together! That would look pretty damn sick.. Especially with the devil eyes! I was looking at those. Do I buy an eBay kit or is there a 'proper' one? And it's as simple as mounting, wiring to power and switch, right? Should I keep clear side markers around the headlights, or tint those to match the black housing?

Derek - Facebook

I thought about black housings, and I thought about white shrouds. But not together! That would look pretty damn sick.. Especially with the devil eyes! I was looking at those. Do I buy an eBay kit or is there a 'proper' one? And it's as simple as mounting, wiring to power and switch, right? Should I keep clear side markers around the headlights, or tint those to match the black housing?
    The ebay devil eyes seem to be what people are using. I'd probably get blacked out turn signals as well. As for projectors, go to The Retrofit Source.

Yeah I'd get the H1s from TRS. What are your thoughts on halos? I see they offer them with the projectors. I think a single ring on each side could look pretty sweet..

Derek - Facebook

What's the devil eyes

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    What's the devil eyes

Just red LEDs in the projector. Only for show. They don't offer any light coverage. Look pretty sick though.

Derek - Facebook

That doesn't look bad , wonder how hard it would be to do..
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 11-09-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Shouldn't be too hard. Doesn't look difficult.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-RED-Devi...94de6a&vxp=mtr

Wouldn't mind wiring it up to a switch (assuming that's not how its done), and just turning them on every now and again.

Derek - Facebook

Ugh.. So I live in a large apartment building with a garage that has attendants that park the vehicles. Back when I drove my lifted Jeep, I had a few issues with them. First, they drove my Jeep up to the second level (where it doesn't need to go) and ripped the roof rack off and just set it aside. It took a very long time to get that much of the story. Then, you're supposed to leave your keys in the car (don't get me started) so they can move/get your car for you. Well, some kid/adult took my keys, and another residents keys over the summer just for fun. The father had to return them to the front desk.

Well, the Niner has been sitting in the garage since I bought it awaiting plates and registration. I was going out last night, and saw this..

I have access to the security cameras, so they'll be reviewed tonight and hopefully get this resolved. I originally thought someone rubbed against it, since its parked in an active corner section of the garage, but that looks like concrete, so it could have hit a pillar. Fun, right?

Derek - Facebook

I wouldn't like the idea of a stranger driving my cars I don't trust anybody so that would not work for me at all

Yeah, I agree. After the key incident, I now park/retrieve my vehicle.

Derek - Facebook

Just red LEDs in the projector. Only for show. They don't offer any light coverage. Look pretty sick though.

I love this idea but want to do green, the problem is IMO green has a "biter" stigma on here. Rick did it and it looked good. Honestly I would do it the same way and even though hes not around he beat me too it so ill let him have it......til im faster <--see what I did there?
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    I love this idea but want to do green, the problem is IMO green has a "biter" stigma on here. Rick did it and it looked good. Honestly I would do it the same way and even though hes not around he beat me too it so ill let him have it......til im faster <--see what I did there?
    You should do green LEDs too

Just ordered a case of 6 Duplicolor Stone White spray cans for the front/rear bumpers and various patches for around the vehicle. And maybe the projector shrouds! I'll also be buying a 3'' exhaust upgrade this week, along with getting the vehicle registered finally. Can't tell you how excited I am to start driving this!

Derek - Facebook

I'm guessing these are what you got
    http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-BC.../dp/B00407X9Z2