Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yeah about $300 the M1 is our performance intake manifold. I kick myself very often for not buying one last year when I had lots of play money.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Something like this? http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...take-manifolds I thought the Plenum thing was a plate of some sort. Is the M1 different? I have to read up more on this stuff so I know what's what.
    Don't stop for nothing, it's full speed or nothing

Derek - Facebook
    5.9 - Monstaliner bed liner (black) on exterior - 3'' Kolak exhaust - SCT Tuner - Stock rubber cup holder - K&N 4'' filter with Spectre hat - 52mm Holley TB - 4 JBL coax speakers/dual 12s - Custom retrofitted projectors - ZJ Build Thread
    92 XJ - 7'' lift, SeriousOffroad long arms, Bilstein 5100s, 33x12.50s Kumho MTs, and many more parts and dents. - XJ Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNiner View Post
    Something like this? http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...take-manifolds I thought the Plenum thing was a plate of some sort. Is the M1 different? I have to read up more on this stuff so I know what's what.
    Something like that, those all seem to be carb but same idea. Our stock intakes have a thin sheet of metal paper bolted on the bottom of the intake. This warps and the gaskets herniates. Some people will just replace the gasket, some the gasket and the plate. Either way those performance intakes have a solid bottom. Never worry about a gasket again.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Yea, plenum cover upgrade $100 plus labor. M1 $400 plus labor, AirGap $500-600 plus labor.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess if you are going for straight out performance. Sink the coin into it now. But to me that should be a package deal. New TB, New intage, New Headers will be about the best you can do with out tearing engine down or doing heads. But for those 3 your looking at 1300 plus labor if that is the way you go.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    Something like that, those all seem to be carb but same idea. Our stock intakes have a thin sheet of metal paper bolted on the bottom of the intake. This warps and the gaskets herniates. Some people will just replace the gasket, some the gasket and the plate. Either way those performance intakes have a solid bottom. Never worry about a gasket again.
    what he said ^

M1 and our keg are totally different animals. You just have to make sure you get the EFI one and not the carb model. There's something about which side the linkage is on too - but it should show which one fits our Jeeps.

If you want to keep the keg, one of our vendors - BLKDAK I think? - sells a nice aluminum plate that replaces the tin plate our keggers came with. Not only is it a more solid piece, but it's the same material. Alum and tin expand at slightly different rates, which makes sealing between them even harder. Not really a good idea on Mopar's part, LOL.

Intake manifold replacement isn't exactly hard, but there's lots of little steps and crap that has to be moved out of the way.

The only problem a lot of people report is that one or two of the front intake to head bolts sometimes snap. That can make it a PITA but you can usually get out the remains once the intake is off.

So pay attention to that, use plenty of lube and clean as much crap out of the 'valley' side of the intake where the bolts are so you have less crap that can fall down into the motor

What both of them said^ but I'm going to add do an oil change after completing the manifold service (whichever route you choose) because you'll still get stuff in there that doesn't belong.

Oil Chang is mandatory before straying be vehicle after intake swap IMO.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"