Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3/16" tthick 8 button programmable switch panel

From Wired HDH...

I don't know where we'd mounted something like this but it's a pretty fancy unit.

8 buttons with programmable features (momentary or sustained, permanently hot or with ignition on only) - and all in a space smaller than a dollar bill. (control unit is mounted separately)

Not cheap though: $430

http://www.wiredhdh.com/switchpanels#!__switchpanels

Even a six minute vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxEXjso4k1g

Your visor.... I personally dont use the vanity mirror to often.

I heard you did use it too often

Yep... had to stop once my hair fell off though... no reason

430 $ really

Ya, at first I saw it and was like "wow, this is pretty cool" and started the thread.

Then I saw the price and was like "well, it's a little less cool now"

It's interesting to see this level of sophistication in aftermarket products though.

There's some pretty cool stuff out there for custom wiring projects, like Painless Performance's multiplex wiring harnesses and stuff.

This kind of thing is probably overkill for our ZJs but it would be nice for updating classics and old rods when doing restomod type builds

Yea its cool I'll give ya that Z , but not 430$'s worth of cool like u said and yea painless makes some very nice stuff for sure

I didn't see where you could program a DPST ON/ON switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    I didn't see where you could program a DPST ON/ON switch.
    why you gotta be like that Tony?

For $430.00 I want to be able to have my back up light bar operate with the reverse lights or manually. You would think their designers would have thought of that. I'm cancelling my order.

You sure it can't do that?

I didn't look that far into it honestly

I saw nothing regarding ON/ON programing.

Don't need on/on for that. Have the on position energize or ground the reverse light circuit when its on. When off, it will function normally
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    Don't need on/on for that. Have the on position energize or ground the reverse light circuit when its on. When off, it will function normally
    Would someone explain to me what Ross just said?

I'd be glad to, but I don't speak that dialect of voodoo

Would someone explain to me what Ross just said?
    idk what Russ said either

ok, it's like this...

The reverse lights have power going through them and it grounds (through the neutral safety switch) when you put it in reverse.

So you splice another wire into that wire (the one that runs to the neutral safety switch) and run it to the pad.

Since the pad is programmable, instead of having it complete a power circuit - you have it complete a ground.. see?

So you put it in reverse and it works as normal. You hit the switch and it grounds it and the lights come on. All good

OK I get it but what's the point of that

3/16" tthick 8 button programmable switch panel

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    More light when you back up, but still have the ability to just use the regular reverse lights.

.... I want to be able to have my back up light bar operate with the reverse lights or manually. .....
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
    More light when you back up, but still have the ability to just use the regular reverse lights.

Looking at that again, either Tony like to see where he's been in the rear view mirror, or he wants to be able seriously flash people in back of him that are driving like proctologists

Also, I realized I shouldn't answer things when I'm tired, lol.

Comparing what Tony said ^ with what I said abut how to do the circuit, it's not as simple as I described it.

The circuit I described would only give you the option of having the light bar come on with the reverse or not. If you wanted to be able to choose whether it came on with reverse or not - AND have the ability to turn it on by itself when not in reverse (for reasons only Tony comprendes) you'd have to set up two different circuits I think...
    Last edited by Z88Z; 11-01-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Looking at that again, either Tony like to see where he's been in the rear view mirror, or he wants to be able seriously flash people in back of him that are driving like proctologists
    I had some little focused spotlights on the front of my last Jeep that I used when I wanted to drive like a proctologist. They were aimed up ever so slightly.

I also had factory fogs with 9004s retrofitted on a separate circuit so I could use them with the high beams.

I'd played around with tying into factory relays and making certain lights come on with highs/lows or some combination of the two. I'd like to do something similar with the niner once I get around to addressing the light output issue.

One of you smart cats need to figure this out and do a writeup so I can steal it later!

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post

Also, I realized I shouldn't answer things when I'm tired, lol.

Comparing what Tony said ^ with what I said abut how to do the circuit, it's not as simple as I described it.

The circuit I described would only give you the option of having the light bar come on with the reverse or not. If you wanted to be able to choose whether it came on with reverse or not - AND have the ability to turn it on by itself when not in reverse (for reasons only Tony comprendes) you'd have to set up two different circuits I think...
    First of all this entire thread is purely academic as none of us cheap SOBs is going to buy this switch at this price. Secondly if I got a wild hair I might consider it IF there was a perfect spot in our ZJs to mount the pad which there isn't.

That said John is correct in that I want my rear light bar to turn on when the trans lever is in reverse or with the option of a constant on switch hence the DPST rocker switch which I already have in my hot little mits. I have three double rockers (six switches total) which will fit very nicely on the headlight switch face in the blank area to the right. It'll make for a nice clean install. My rocker switch cost less than a Dollar a piece direct from our brothers in China.

So have it on a separate relay, with the ground triggering control side via nss. Then tie in a line from this panel which also switches ground.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

$430.00 or $1.00, hmm. Price aside nothing can change the fact that there is no place in a ZJ to mount this panel.

$430.00 or $1.00, hmm. Price aside nothing can change the fact that there is no place in a ZJ to mount this panel.
    Vic =remove ,now room for $430 switch panel