Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Crappy heat

West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States
    Vacuumed the a/c system today and left it with the vacuum for like 30-45 min cause we got side tracked. It held the vacuum so no leaks, we then charged it. I also ordered another blower motor resistor, low and behold it fixed my blower motor running with the key off lol. HVAC system is now 100%

98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

So the original new BLOWER HIGH SPEED MODULE (!!! LOL) was defective?

Seeing your pic makes me want another Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    So the original new BLOWER HIGH SPEED MODULE (!!! LOL) was defective?

You will not change me, you have no idea how stubborn I am Yes it was defective.

Seeing your pic makes me want another Plat
    She's got her blemishes.
    98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

Quote Originally Posted by apstang50 View Post
    After putting the heater core in I started removing all the old foam on the outside of the box. After I got all the old stuff off I cleaned up the surface for the new foam with some brake clean on a rag, then put some new stuff on. This is what I used.

where did you find this stuff and what's the actual name of it?
    Slate 5.9 Limited 8"/ARB/IRO/KOR/OME/231
    White 5.9 Limited stock/231/30's
    93 ZJ SE-5.9 LTD clone

Looks like some home depot weather stripping

Glad you got a new blower motor resister BTW what headlight housings are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Taz5.9 View Post
    where did you find this stuff and what's the actual name of it?
    It's just door and window weather strip I got at the hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    Glad you got a new blower motor resister BTW what headlight housings are those?
    They are crystal clear housing I got off ebay.

After having the same problems with my heat today (only working on high and randomly shutting off) I'm going to take a look at the resistor and connector tmrw Im guessing that's prolly whats wrong after reading back thru this thread.

BTW mods might wanna consider sticky this thread ,a lot of good info and pics , plus John repeatedly getting mad BC he thinks its called a module .

IT'S A MODULE DOD GAMMIT!

Unless you have manual AC. Then it's a resistor pack

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    After having the same problems with my heat today (only working on high and randomly shutting off) I'm going to take a look at the resistor and connector tmrw Im guessing that's prolly whats wrong after reading back thru this thread.

BTW mods might wanna consider sticky this thread ,a lot of good info and pics , plus John repeatedly getting mad BC he thinks its called a module .
    Stickied! If you are lucky your plug is still good and not melted! There isn't a whole lot of room to cut and splice wires for a new plug. Even getting the screws out to remove the resistor is kind of tricky. I had to lay on my back with my feet on the back of the seat to get a good enough angle to see the screws. Rockauto has it listed for around $100.

IT'S A MODULE DOD GAMMIT!
    You're not gonna with this old man! If you call up a parts store and ask for a "blower motor module pack" you will be told they don't have a listing for it. There for it's a "resistor". Put that in your choo choo train pipe and smoke it!
    Last edited by apstang50; 03-30-2014 at 01:50 PM.

.... If you call up a parts store and ask for a "blower motor module pack" you will be told they don't have a listing for it. There for it's a "resistor". .....
    So....

If you ask for that are you gonna get the right part for a 5.9 and still get the right part if it's a Laredo with Manual AC?

So....

If you ask for that are you gonna get the right part for a 5.9 and still get the right part if it's a Laredo with Manual AC?
    Well, when I was looking for mine. Every parts store web site I checked it had the listing for both, so if you tell them the correct info for your jeep and you know it has ATC then, yes you should get the right one.

MODULE MODULE MODULE!

There, I feel much better now

We love you John

They are crystal clear housing I got off ebay.
    Off topic, but do you have a link or user name on ebay for them? I have been looking for awhile now and it seems like there are 100 different ones that are "crystal clear". I'd love to get a set that someone already has experience with.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan13 View Post
    Off topic, but do you have a link or user name on ebay for them? I have been looking for awhile now and it seems like there are 100 different ones that are "crystal clear". I'd love to get a set that someone already has experience with.
    PM sent