Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1998 5.9 (Pic Heavy!)

Figured I'd post up some pictures of my 5.9. Flew out to Arizona from Ky around 2 months ago and picked her up. Had 62,000 on it when I bought it and now had 64,000 after the drive home. Not sure what my plans are yet if there are any. Probably get some addco sway bars and new tires sometime in the future.. Would love to do some things to the engine...

Yeah, stock chrome 9'er rims and coated calipers. Spare is also full size chrome.
    Last edited by Jeepjeepster; 09-24-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    1998 Jeep 5.9- Slate Black

Beautiful Jeep. Almost looks like new. Nice find.

Very nice find it's in amazing shape for sure!!!!!!!!!
    1998 niner!!!!! K&N FIPK, BFG All Terrains, MSD coil, Taylor Thundervolt wires, Superchips Programer, Kolak 3" tailpipe, Magnaflow highflow 3" Cat, MBRP 3" chambered muffler, MBRP 3"-3 1/2" dual wall stainless tip, NP 242 swap, and gonig to be more to come!!!!!

Steve Jobs Residential Teabagger Redsand's Avatar
    you have struck gold sir
    -Chris-

I have a Jeep

Yes, very nice jeep. Great photos and even got the cup holder. This is the place for engine fiddlin.

Now get rid of that ugly TC skid and the disposal facility is located in Knoxville, TN 37918.

I followed your trip/purchase thread with great interest. If at this point you're not sure what to do with the Jeep you have many options. First and most important is a trip to my B&B in Mexico where I will happily take possession of the Niner. Second you can start asking questions like I started to do three years ago and you will quickly learn how you and your money will soon be separated and destined for divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
    Yes, very nice jeep. Great photos and even got the cup holder. This is the place for engine fiddlin.

Now get rid of that ugly TC skid and the disposal facility is located in Knoxville, TN 37918.
    That's very humorous Kevin.

Somebody took very good care of that jeep

That's like winning the Lotto. Beautiful car.
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Platinum. Mods: Rubicon Express 7"- 8" Long arm lift, JKS disco's, Martin Saine Transmission and low stall torque converter, NP242 with hack n tap, 30 tooth speedo gear, front and rear HD CV drive-lines, Yukon inner and outer 4340 axles with 297 u-joints, Brembo rotors n pads, Kevins Off-road Track Bar Conversion, Rancho 9000's, Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers, Toyo Open country MT LT285/70R-1810 127Q tires, 2007 18'' Dodge Charger rims, Brass Radiator, Stealth Conversions Coolant Sight Glass-Bleeder, 180 T-Stat, Lee Power Steering Pump with custom reservoir, Euro H4 glass Headlights with bypass electrical, Magnacore wire set, Brass cap n rotor, MSD Coil, Upgraded fuel injectors, DougThorley Headers, Kolak 3'' exhaust, Flomaster Super 44, Hi Flo Cat, insulated AEM CAI, welded plenum, New A/C compressor, evaporator, receiver tank, heater core and blower motor, Fresh Air intake bug screen for heater box, Dana 44 rear axle, Rear sway-bar delete, Spare tire delete, sensors deleted on rear hatch.

I'm green with envy. That is unbelievably clean.

That thing is beautiful.

It's never seen a snow flake or a grain of salt. Things up here NEVER stay that clean ... sigh.
    '98 5.9l

Passes everything but gas stations.

You lucky SOB! Probably still has the new car smell, good find

WOW.... it looks brand new. Great find!!!

OMG I can't get over how clean it is! Look at that undercarriage!

You can see every seam, every wrinkle, every nut and bolt.

If I had this Jeep I think I'd just put it up on a lift and keep it there so every day I could look at how clean it is underneath, LOLz

Great find JJS!

I can't believe you brought that gorgeous rust free Jeep to the salt belt. Don't worry, I have a proper storage facility not far north of where I live (Indiana) lol. Give it to me and I can take proper care of it.

So damn beautiful. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Full skid plate package also...

we should have an indiana meet for indy/ohio/kentucky/michigan people. some pretty nice lookin ZJ's in this area
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    we should have an indiana meet for indy/ohio/kentucky/michigan people. some pretty nice lookin ZJ's in this area
    What about those of us who don't have nice ZJ's !? Huh Ross!

Holy crap nice find! Idk if I'm more jealous of how clean it is or that you still have the cup holder insert lol. Congrats man and enjoy!

FINE. YOU CAN COME TOO!
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Thanks for the comments. The under body is pretty amazing, ive never seen a drive shaft thats not rusted.

I most certainly do not plan on letting it see salt, probably wont see rain either.

I was pretty pumped when i read about the cup holder. I ran out in the garage to check and it already had it!

Only issues ive found so far is the vertical seat motor gears were stripped, got that fixed. The passenger side mirror likes to look down at the ground anytime you use the memory option. Have to try and clean the contacts this winter sometime.Drivers side cv boot is torn, not in a rush to fix that.

Intake has some oil in it but im holding off on that. Idk if ill get an intake or not. Id love to get a cam, rockers, maybe a k&n intake, sct tuner and possibly a new intake manifold. Hard to spend that much money though.
    Last edited by Jeepjeepster; 09-26-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    1998 Jeep 5.9- Slate Black

Correction, it is easy to spend that much money. Hard part is allowing yourself to do it. If you feel like lightening the static load when you start working the motor, let me know (i.e. I WANT the TC skid!)...

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    AWESOME idea. Maybe we could find some place in Indy to meet up. Anyone know a nice location on the north side of indy? Carmel's pretty, but never been up there enough to know and good roads. There are some bitchin areas down here in Bloomington (as in drive so hard and fast that the brakes stop working), but that's a bit far from Indy.

Ill ask my lady if she knows of any good spots.

Or we could have a jeep section at some car show
    Ross

Go to Greenwood on Friday and Saturday , you'll be amazed @ the cars you see at night everybody use to go to TRU motorsports until they moved , imports bikes hot rods vipers vette's stangs a lot of sub 10 second cars you name it its there , dog and suds on Saturdays too, Indy is known for its street racing , I use to go all the time when I had fast shit haven't had that in years tho so I don't go anymore
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 09-29-2013 at 01:53 AM.