ZJ Niner vs 5.7 Hemi WK

So I'm sitting at a light minding my own business with a Hemi WK next to me. So light turns green and I start rolling through minding my own business, when all of a sudden this guy starts going so I slam the throttle and lose him at the rotary. End of ny story just funny my niner is quicker than the Hemi Wk. Lol made my bad night good so I figured I'd share.
    currently jeepless.

The hemi stock to stock puts out more hp than our niners but the torque to weight ratio makes the niner faster. Add a few mods and it is no contest.
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese

Oh yeah, I got headers, 52mmtb, muffler, no cat, cut down runners in the kegger, camshaft swap by a previous owner, as well as previous owner put magnum r/t heads in her 112k miles ago. Haha so I guess you could say it's unfair but I have loud exhaust to make it known not your average jeep haha.
    currently jeepless.

Adavis had a WJ on 35s, a WK Hemi, and a niner. He said it was no contest between the niner and the WK--the niner won every time. Even the WJ gave the WK a run for its money off the line.

Quote Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
    Adavis had a WJ on 35s, a WK Hemi, and a niner. He said it was no contest between the niner and the WK--the niner won every time. Even the WJ gave the WK a run for its money off the line.
    Haha good to know. U knew the charger rt didn't hang with me from prior experience but was never against the wk.
    currently jeepless.

i know that you are gonna say "it was no match for the 5.2", but i'll tell you this...couple of weeks ago i was going to university and i was waiting for the green light (it was the last stop light before the university) while i was thinking about my sh*t. So it came the green light and i gave some gas (not much). Next to me there was this guy in a useless rexton that hit the gas way more than me and he passed me smiling. I said in my mind "this is not gonna happen, i'm not losing against a rexton ", so i smashed the gas and i passed that guy.
    i arrived in the parking lot of the university and there were my buddies waiting, they said that they heard the roar of the v8 so they knew i was coming
    ...btw this is way my theachers hate me
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

What's a rexton? But nonetheless I'm clad you too had fun in the two lane black top.
    currently jeepless.

whacker of the wang 98cherokee5.9's Avatar
    I agree with you I have a niner and wk hemi , hands down my niner is faster , but with a tune and a couple bolt ons the hemi does come to life ! All in all I still like my niner better lol
    1998 JEEP G.C 5.9 STONE WHITE-roof rack delete, de ambered taillamps,clear corners, spectre 4" airhat and 4" intake tube , ported T.B , Ported factory intake, MSD coil, autolite 3923 plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, 180 T-stat, SCT tuned, h&r lowering springs, Bilstein HD shocks , 3" glass pack muffler, 3" hi-flo cat, 2.5" down pipes,flowmaster 3" merge ,24# FMS injectors,255 walbro Fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 98cherokee5.9 View Post
    I agree with you I have a niner and wk hemi , hands down my niner is faster , but with a tune and a couple bolt ons the hemi does come to life ! All in all I still like my niner better lol

My Niner is really starting to show her age and mileage. (312313) so as you can imagine it's always something, anyways was thinking a wk with hemi would be an acceptable replacement when she finally says no more and seeing as you own both I'm curious as to your thoughts.
    currently jeepless.

Quote Originally Posted by 9859limited View Post
    What's a rexton? But nonetheless I'm clad you too had fun in the two lane black top.
    this is the pile of cr*p https://www.google.it/search?q=rexto...CoAoeN7QbLlIAw
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

My ZJ is faster then my 6.1 Hemi WK Grand Cherokee SRT8. But then the ZJ has a few mods .......
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    My ZJ is faster then my 6.1 Hemi WK Grand Cherokee SRT8. But then the ZJ has a few mods .......

Haha Mr.Tim with the work in your zj it's like comparing apples to oranges.
    currently jeepless.

whacker of the wang 98cherokee5.9's Avatar
    with a good tune ,ported throttle body and a oil catch can I think you would be happy with a WK hemi . exhaust and cold air intakes are kind of a waste on a WK , from experience you actually lose top end tourque unless you are tuned .
    1998 JEEP G.C 5.9 STONE WHITE-roof rack delete, de ambered taillamps,clear corners, spectre 4" airhat and 4" intake tube , ported T.B , Ported factory intake, MSD coil, autolite 3923 plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, 180 T-stat, SCT tuned, h&r lowering springs, Bilstein HD shocks , 3" glass pack muffler, 3" hi-flo cat, 2.5" down pipes,flowmaster 3" merge ,24# FMS injectors,255 walbro Fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 98cherokee5.9 View Post
    with a good tune ,ported throttle body and a oil catch can I think you would be happy with a WK hemi . exhaust and cold air intakes are kind of a waste on a WK , from experience you actually lose top end tourque unless you are tuned .

Cool thanks for the info.
    currently jeepless.