Missing parts in supercharger kit

Hello guys,

I'm interested in this supercharger. Comes from a dakota/durango nad was wondering if this type (v1) fits the 5.9. Also, I think some parts are missing like the metal spacer part, etc... Where could I find these parts, is it hard to find them?supercharger.jpg

thank you

The spacer, which I am not familiar with, is supposedly the hardest part to find and is required to work with the 5.9's. Seems all someone would need is the dimensions to get one made.

I'm not familiar with the spacer either - where does it go?

x10, when you say it's needed for the 5.9 do you mean Magnums in general?

Hervee - did he say it was missing? I'll try to get out to mine and see if I can see a spacer.

Also: I can't tell but that looks to be an old school setup, since it has the extra injectors in the airhat and possibly the FMR/regulator in the bag at the left rear of the pic - maybe, LOL (unless those are nitrous nozzles, which I highly doubt)

If you get it you don't need to use those parts. Now that we have SCT you use bigger injectors and the extra fueling is programmed in. Check with FlyinRyan

Yes, the spacer is missing indeed. It is indeed an old school set up. Could this mean troubles, or am I still save here? So I won't be needing a sct tune you say? A bit confused here, LOL .

to me what i see missing is the cast aluminum spacer that goes between the block and that mounting plate... iirc someone on this forum has a cad drawing of it. probably a hard piece to get.

Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    to me what i see missing is the cast aluminum spacer that goes between the block and that mounting plate... iirc someone on this forum has a cad drawing of it. probably a hard piece to get.
    Yes that is it indeed ! Do you know who that person might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hervee View Post
    Yes, the spacer is missing indeed. It is indeed an old school set up. Could this mean troubles, or am I still save here? So I won't be needing a sct tune you say? A bit confused here, LOL .
    Tim, Ross and many others know this stuff better than me but I'll just throw this out there and they can make additions, corrections, etc

No, it would still be a good setup to buy - just that you'd be better off setting it up the more modern way.

To do that you DO need the SCT. I mean - you could do the old school install instead of SCT, but why bother? Just more plumbing and messiness, and all for less performance than Ryan can get you.

I got the 5spd with the old school setup. I now have an SCT tuner for it, so once I have that one in for a bit of a re-do, the FMR is coming off

What I was saying was - now that we have SCT you don't need to install that FMR, and you might want to track down another airhat without the holes (or just don't plumb and wire the injectors on that one)

With forced induction you need to increase fueling during boost. Back in the day (approx. pre 2008 I think? - before SCT) pretty much the only way to do that was the Fuel Monitoring Regulator, which sensed manifold vacuum and pressure and bumped up the fuel pressure to the injector during boost (or to secondary injectors in the airhat as appears to be the case here )

With SCT you do the same thing by using bigger injectors and increasing the injector open pulse duration. You just need a two-bar MAP sensor to sense boost and feed that info to the PCM.

Not 100% sure on this but I think you need a fuel pump that puts out more PSIs anyway. Most people go to the 255 Walbro I think it is...

So, barring a correction or three

Was it that spacer or was it the main bracket? ...or both?

I think Ross and maybe someone else were looking into doing a CAD of the main bracket at one point, but maybe I'm wrong and/or maybe they were looking at reproducing both pieces

the steel bracket looks to be there. just the spacer seems to be missing.

I never got the cad drawing finished
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    I never got the cad drawing finished
    say it aint so

Looks to be the same kit I purchased a few years ago...... but yes you will need the spacer that bolts to the motor for the Plate to fit on. It would be the same for ALL Magnum 318 , 360 motors so the previous user must have it if it was on his truck.

Dont need to use the extra injectors or the FPR as you will go with a bigger pump ( yes a walbro 255 or equiv. ) and 42 lb injectors ( I have a set of green top fords if you want to purchase just off mine as I went to 60 lb ) and a 2 bar MAP with a SCT tune.

Tim
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

Will need a different airhat as well. But the vortech piece is mediocre at best anyway.
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Thanks for all the input.

So there is no one with a cad drawing of the spacer. Is there anyone with a spare piece? Or someone who could have one made and send it to me?

i suppose u could theoretically do it with pieces of tube cut to a certain length to space it out.. then weld them together to make it ridgid once u get the spacing right

Can someone put a picture up here of the spacer? I am still fuzzy as to where it goes.

i suppose u could theoretically do it with pieces of tube cut to a certain length to space it out.. then weld them together to make it ridgid once u get the spacing right
    Quote Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
    Can someone put a picture up here of the spacer? I am still fuzzy as to where it goes.

I finally saw this piece on mine yesterday. Honestly never noticed it before, and couldn't see it all that clearly to be honest...

x10 - it's by the bottom inner area of the SC bracket, like basically beside the water pump and (I believe) attached to some of the threaded holes on the front head surface

It looks like more than just a straight spacer though - looks like it has a base that ties into a couple of the tapped holes in the head, then the round section that the SC bracket bolts into.

It does seem like you could do what enlight said - but by adding a flat flange/base to fit to the tapped holes on the head, then weld the tube to that. Pretty sure you'd have to thread the tube though as it didn't look like the bolt that went through it lined up with the tapped holes in the head.
    Other thing is, I don't know if there's anything else in the kit besides that one spacer that positions it (so you could take measurements to fab that spacer) - if not you'd have to get the dimensions somewhere...

I'll try to take a batter look at it when I get home from work, but it looks like a tough area to take pics of. hmmm, maybe from the bottom?

Ross, you did your install recently right? Maybe you could add some insight into what that spacer bolts too.

Also - to the OP, what's that longish piece in the pic? I know Ross mentioned something about a brace that went from the SC to the exhaust bolts but I don't see one on mine. Anyone else have that?

I'd contact Vortech. They probably don't have them in stock anymore since they no longer make the Magnum kit - but they might be able to get you a part number if it had one.

From there you could try that PN on ebay or google, or just try it as 'spacer for Magnum Vortech' or something. Might find one on a site like racingjunk.com or something

There was a piece of bent flat stock that went from the SC to on of the studs on a stock exhaust manifold to keep the main plate more stable ( Belt tension would pull the SC towards the alt )
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

There was a spacer and brace that went from the sc plate to the exhaust - I think most people leave it out.

The sc spacer bolts where the tensioner bracket comes from.
    Ross

Vortech doesnt have anything for us. I tried years ago.
    Ross