Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My beater

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 06-13-2014 at 02:34 AM.

nope
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

I would guess if there was a difference it would be 93-95 then 96-98 but i think theyre the same
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 06-13-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Good lookin truck. Dark cladding looks better than the grayish stuff.

You have Fords in your driveway so Ross/Saleen will love you!

Pics
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 06-13-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Looks nice debadged.

Nuttin wrong wit it...

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    Looks nice debadged.
    Thanks , I'd definitely recommend debadging on zj's looks much cleaner

I debadged my 98 5.2 Limited and really liked it. Very clean but not slammed. Gonna go a different route with the niner.

Lmao I'm not slammed either and prolly gonna go the opposite way , but idk yet

I'm going an additional 2 " up because my Lucy says if it's any more she won't be able to take it.

Looks good.

I think if I update my 93 to the late ZJ front end I'm going with that Laredo bumper, but painted.

It's just a little less 'busy' then the Limited bumper and seems like it helps clean it up a little

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    I'm going an additional 2 " up because my Lucy says if it's any more she won't be able to take it.

Seriously Tony..... WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Looks good.

I think if I update my 93 to the late ZJ front end I'm going with that Laredo bumper, but painted.

It's just a little less 'busy' then the Limited bumper and seems like it helps clean it up a little

Seriously Tony..... WTF?
    What's the difference in bumpers Z?

Just that the Laredo bumpers have more plain space, only that one (or is it two?) lines, not the scallops the Limited bumpers have.

It's a pretty subtle difference though, just a very minor detail like the difference between the flush window of the fixed glass hatch vs the hinges and open space on the flip glass hatch.

Whatever I do on the 93, or the next 93, LOL - it will be about maximum cleanliness of the lines.

I'd start with the fixed glass hatch and the flat gas door and remove the roof rack (even better if I can find an ultra rare Base Model with the roof rack delete and not have any nutserts left to deal with)

93 has the slightly cleaner roof lines, not having the two furthest outside raised ridges on the roof that 94 to 98 has. (only noticeable with the roof rack off btw)

I'd prefer the Base Model with no cladding, or I'd do the removed cladding and shaved door studs thing.

I do plan on 5.9 sideskirts and hood though, but I'd probably go with the flush regular Limited grill (since it's not a real 5.9) but I'd remove the inset vertical bars and do some kind of diamond pattern mesh on the rear of it.

I think I'm even going to try removing the raised "gills" on that plastic piece on the D pillar and do a flat piece of aluminum either over it or up tight against the back of the surface. That piece is far from airtight against the body, so it shouldn't have any effect on the real vent behind it being able to breath.

Question

I gotcha Z your thinking something like this for your 93 build
    No roof rack , no cladding and base bumper

was there a bumper like that for the 96-96 header panel/grill setup?
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    I gotcha Z your thinking something like this for your 93 build

No roof rack , no cladding and base bumper
    Wow, that one belongs in your slammed ZJs for Ross thread. Looks like a bagger or hydraulics.

That's a 94-95 according to # of the roof ribs. Either it was one of the rare "rack-less" Base Models or he did a nice job of shaving and filling the nutserts.
    (I posted about that a while ago - I've seen a pic of a Base Model where you could see the roof, no roof rack and there was no sign of any holes or nutserts having been there. Just an old stock ZJ so it didn't look like it had any 'custom' work done. I asked around and a few people said they had seen Bases that appeared to never have had a rack)

That looks like a regular Limited bumper with the gold covered by a chrome strip.
    On the early ZJs all bumpers had the same configuration, the only difference was the Laredos and Bases had the gray textured (rough) finish on them and used a chrome or maybe black inset strip.

I actually like the look of the early flat top bumper better than the dipped one on the later ZJs, not that I'd change a late one to an early front end. The only thing I don't like is the early ZJs has an "eight opening" grill instead of the traditional Jeep seven openings.

On my (future) 93 I meant if I updated it I'd go with the late style ZJ Laredo bumper - SE actually as I'd go with painted over textured, just cuz those two lines on the 'redo bumper are slightly "less" than the Limited bumper's scallops. I love the niner grill but I think I'd go with the flush Limited grill (with meshed insets) just to keep with the "less" theme.

I have the late front end setup which was going on my 93 when it was going to be an OBD1 5.9 with a late interior. For some reason, when I decided to go full OBD2 I also decided I'd stick with the early front end, rather than doing a full 98 ZJ clone

Slugbait's early black ZJ is set up pretty close to what I'm thinking of doing. Appearance-wise it's actually one of my favorite ZJs on the site!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    was there a bumper like that for the 96-96 header panel/grill setup?
    No, flat top bumper was 93-95 only, painted body color on Limiteds, with the Laredo and Base Model having the textured gray finish.

Late series Limited and 5.9s all had the painted bumper with the two or three scallops on the lower side area.

Laredos had the slightly plainer bumper in textured gray as seen above ^ on C&S's ride.

There were also SEs which were upgraded Laredos with body color cladding and bumpers - I believe they used the plainer Laredo style bumper but without texture rather than the scalloped LTD bumpers, although I'm not sure about that. I'll have to check one out.

BTW the rear bumper follows the same pattern. Scallops on the LTDs, slightly plainer on the Laredos. I'll have to check out late Laredo vs early Laredo to see which one is plainer. I think the early ones had the inset strip.

If I was up for doing body work I'd actually be looking at filling in the lines or scallops in the bumpers - but I don't think I'm going to go quite that far with it

Some ..
    Last edited by CLEAN AND SLAMMED; 06-13-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Some poser shots in a car garage

Looks damn good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Looks damn good to me
    Far from it lol but thanks Z

My beater

Quote Originally Posted by CLEAN AND SLAMMED View Post
    Far from it lol but thanks Z
    Nah man it's far from the worst looking on here.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    Nah man it's far from the worst looking on here.
    Shit I feel like it needs everything , new headliner ,rear end is humming now ,valve cover gasket , stupid fog lights keep blowing , needs a serious clay barring, bumpers and new carpet and some diff wheels (hate the tsi wheels) just to name a few things lol

Ohh and the f'ing hatch rattle is driving me crazy , I replaced the bump stops didn't help at all